Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Begin to manage and make security (Oracle 9i, 10g, 11gr2, any platform)
Begin to manage and make security [message #664452] Tue, 18 July 2017 23:21 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Good morning, hope a fine day to you.

I am DBA, however, really a newbie in Security. I am going to understand how to make a most complete management planning for Oracle database security. The term security is meaning huge challenge, it's quite difficult to explain or do it perfect. It depend to many many thing such as hardwares, softwares, applications, coding, policies, especially humanities.

Of course, I just take care only Oracle Database, but not third vendors, even Database Vault. None of type of special hardware, applications deploying to discuss here, just only Oracle Database.

I am wondering how to begin to write document, from what, to what, ..etc, as my words "I'm really a newbie". My system, my database, I must understand more than the other, absolutely, but, I have not any idea to begin? Create role manager? Identify the privileges of user, grant to my role, trigger to audit, audit users, ...etc. Those actions is easy to me, no matter. When, why, what to do it? My question, no other can answer exactly, except only me.

I need only idea, or a basic form, or any thing to clear my mind.

Thank you,

[Updated on: Tue, 18 July 2017 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Begin to manage and make security [message #664455 is a reply to message #664452] Wed, 19 July 2017 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You can start with Oracle documentation (I gave you the link for 11gR2):
- Database Security Guide
- Database Advanced Security Administrator's Guide

Then you have a bunch of papers on Pete Finnigan's site.

Re: Begin to manage and make security [message #664456 is a reply to message #664455] Wed, 19 July 2017 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you, Michel, for the Pete Finnigan website.
Re: Begin to manage and make security [message #664460 is a reply to message #664452] Wed, 19 July 2017 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Te Centre For Inernet Security publishes what they call the "CIS Oracle Database 12c Benchmark", it is a 200 page doc that lists pretty much everything you should be doing to secure an Oracle database. It is a good doc to go through, though you may not agree with (or require) everything, there is a link to it here
https://www.cisecurity.org/cis-benchmarks

Re: Begin to manage and make security [message #664461 is a reply to message #664460] Wed, 19 July 2017 03:29 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you, both of you, Sr John and Michel, have a fine day to you
Previous Topic: ORA-01924 - ALTER USER...GRANT CONNECT THROUGH APPSFER WITH ROLE
Next Topic: Grant user full access to other schema
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:07:47 CDT 2024