Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » import very slow....pls help
import very slow....pls help [message #72484] Sat, 28 June 2003 23:36
Juila
this is 8.1.6.0.0 on Solaris 2.8 with 2CPUs and 1GB mem. there is no other connections other than my imp job.

I first dropped all tables belong to the schema. the volume of the data is around 15~20GB. Then try to imp the similar amount of data back into the schema.

imp user/pw file=abc.dmp log=abc.log commit=y buffer=409600000 parfile=tables.txt

all tables with less than 1 million rows seems ok. but the import of the larger tables are really slow and also strange. eg. when importing a table with 4mil row, desc and select count(*) will hang, the CPU untilization is kept at around 50%. after around 1.5 hr, the select count(*) suddenly shows some rows have been imported to the table, and after that the import to this table completed very fast. then what oracle was doing during the first 1.5 hrs?, and then for a table over 7mil rows, it hands for 4 hrs and the the table get imported very fast. the import is now importing a table with over 30 mil rows, and have been 'quiet' for 6 hrs. there are a lot 'buffer busy waits' have been found from v$session_wait.

I'm not sure if this is something related to the sudden drop/clean of the tablespace and oracle is trying some sort of clearup job, since the "select count(*) from dba_free_space;" also hangs, or need to adjust/increase the mem settings.

your time and help are very appreciated,

Julia
Previous Topic: Reg Import of a database which does not exisit in the machine
Next Topic: Database Mounting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 16:16:04 CDT 2024