Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Urgent:-CONSTRAINTS
Urgent:-CONSTRAINTS [message #73582] Tue, 25 May 2004 20:51 Go to next message
Milind Deshpande
DEAR FRIENDS,

HELLO.

I want to know that if there is any way through which I can get the create or alter statments for creating constraints of my database if I do the Import using the "Constraints=N" parameter.The assignment given to me is to find out the way through which I can create all the database constraints prior to the Import of the .dmp file.

So,If you know any script or commande which can give me the create or alter statments of constraints of my database which when run will create all the constraints of my database.

If by any chance anyone knows the way out of this pls. let me know.

Milind
Re: Urgent:-CONSTRAINTS [message #73583 is a reply to message #73582] Tue, 25 May 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
First run your Import as follows:
Step 1
=======
D:>imp userid=scott/tiger@dbn006 file=D:ss.DMP log=D:himan.log show=n ignore=y g
rants=n full=y indexes=N constraints=Y indexfile=himanidx.txt buffer=1024000

This will not import any table or data into your DB but will create a Complete script of Creating Table,Indexes & constraints.

Step 2
=======
Then run Import as follows:
D:>imp userid=als/fwp@dbn006 file=D:ss.DMP log=D:himan.log show=n ignore=y g
rants=n full=y indexes=N constraints=N buffer=1024000

This will import you tables,data without Indexes & Constraints.

Now you will have to extract the Script from the file (himanidx.txt) generated in Step 1 to create your Indexes & Constraints.

HTH

Regards
Himanshu
Re: Urgent:-CONSTRAINTS [message #73585 is a reply to message #73583] Wed, 26 May 2004 00:13 Go to previous message
Milind Deshpande
Thanks I will try it out and get back to you.
Previous Topic: export and import data from different applications
Next Topic: error when creating a new tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 13:00:09 CDT 2024